Saturday, August 25, 2012

Leaders and Enders Challenge


I don't always remember to use "leaders and enders" when I'm doing piecing. Most of the time, I have a scrap of something and use it over and over until it looks like a gnarled spider web. Bonnie Hunter has written several books using the leaders and enders concept and when she put this challenge on her blog recently, I had to join in on the fun. You can read Bonnie's instructions about how to make these cute spools  here.

These little cuties finish at three inches square
I prepped a bunch of spool "kits" and have them within reach next to my sewing machine on my mini design boards. I LOVE my 10" block boards(I need to make a second set a bit larger,soon). If you haven't made yours yet, Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet has a tutorial here on her blog.

I can squeeze eight "kits" on a mini design board
My tip: be sure you are sewing across your square the correct direction.......

In the words of Homer Simpson: DOH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment