Saturday, November 17, 2012

Confessions

I finally got around to putting these away (three weeks late):
Part of my Black Cat collection

And put these out with five days to spare:
That's the extent of my turkey collection!
I made them many years ago when I was in my decorative painting phase.
I like how they look with my new little table topper.
My friend Mickey introduced me to this quilting design.
Just start in the center (I marked a small circle to start) and using the edge of your walking foot as a measure to gauge the spacing, sew your way out. Super easy and looks pretty cool!
Don't worry about wobbles or bad spacing--it looks fine when it's all done.
I did this on my Bernina and I think it's perfect for a little quilt.
I have to confess that I went WAY off my fabric diet when I found this bundle of
Blueberry Crumb Cake at Gruber's. It's in my color pallet and it has BLUE sampler fabric (okay, I had already added some of the sampler fabric to my stash, but now I have all of it's friends!).

And I'm patiently waiting until next year when my pre-ordered fat quarter bundle of Indigo Crossing will get delivered
to Colorz for Quilts. In the meantime, I will pet this charm pack that Susan got from the sales rep and so generously
passed along to me--be still my heart!!!

7 comments:

  1. The concentric circle quilting design really works well. Did you turn the quilt as you stitched the circles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the circle quilting on your little quilt - it is perfect for it. I've done circles like that for handquilting but now I'm intrigued to try it on my machine with my walking foot. That Indigo Crossing line is marvelous!! Lucky you with a charm pack to pet :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your Black Cat penny rug SO much. Also the circular quilting looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those circles are gorgeous -- I want to give that a try myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the first photo in today's post I had to think twice about where I was. Love to see Alison's book. I sent a link to her. I too love the black cat penny rug. Hint Hint. I like the circle quilting a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this little quilt and the way you quilted it is perfect I may have to give that quilting style a go.
    I have seen it done in blocks but never a whole quilt
    its BEAUTIFUL love the fabrics too :) !!!
    congrats on your quilt being chosen it is beautiful , well deserves to be in the running and win!

    I can't wait for the indigo crossing line either!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your quilt! I saw one by Edyta Sitar from laundry basket quilt co. but without the center block... an dlarger. I really love this version AND the size! The quilting is amazing. I am going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete