Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Big Surprise and More Waiting.....


A week or so ago, I commented on Deb Strain's blog. She was giving away 3 panels from her latest Valentine line of fabric, Surrounded by Love from Moda. A few days later, she notified me that I was one of lucky winners!
On Friday, after a day of meetings and errands, I came home to find a big heavy box that had cost almost $18 to ship. Of course, Mr. Moosebay wanted to know what I had ordered. I was wondering too--I've been known to forget those kind of things--late night online--glass of Merlot--things happen!
I opened the box and found this note from Deb and the panel I had won.... 

...and under the panel was all this!
TONS of strips of fabric from the Surrounded by Love line!
I think they would be equivalent to at least a half dozen jelly rolls--probably more.



Most of the strips are cut on the fold, so when they are opened up, many of them measure up to 4 inches.
I'll be able to make a pretty nice sized quilt for myself and I also see lots of Project Linus quilts in my future--awesome!!! 

In the meantime, I've been doing a little sewing.
I'm guessing this will be the center block of the Countdown to Christmas Temecula Sew Along.
The 20 remaining stars and 4 patches have been sewn together--can't wait to see how this all comes together.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic win!! That will be fun fabric to use :0) Your Temecula star block is darling. I gave in and made some stars too. Are they ever tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Temecula countdown to Christmas is looking gorgeous. Do these directions stay on their site, or would I have to be printing them out if I can't sew along at the moment. What a generous giveaway too from Deb. My husband is the culprit for what I have termed "drink shopping". He has a beer at night and in about a week some rubbish turns up he can't remember ordering! Usually something useless from a discount shopping website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks look so pretty... can't wait to see how they come together!

    ReplyDelete