Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Countdown! Day Eleven

We're getting close to the end now! 
I hope you have all your decorating, shopping, baking, and wrapping finished and you are able to relax and enjoy being with family and friends or even just a quiet evening with a cup of tea (or other preferred refreshment), enjoying the fruits of your labors!
Since we are counting down the days until Christmas,
I had to include my Temecula 12 Days of Christmas Quilt.
finished 2013/measures 19.5 x 23"

So clever making the number of pieces in the blocks coordinate with the twelve days!

I had to hand quilt this little cutie!
You can find the instructions for this quilt on the sidebar of the Temecula Quilt Company blog.
12 Days of Christmas HERE


And, of course I had to include the latest Temecula Quilt Company Christmas quilt:
Temecula Quilt Company
Countdown to Christmas 
finished 2013/measures 31.5 x 39.5
This pattern is also available on the Temecula Quilt Company blog.
"Countdown to Christmas" HERE.
I didn't think I would get this one completed this year, 
but:
 SURPRISE!!

Temecula Quilt Company
Quilted, bound and washed!

I used my clam-shell ruler on this quilt.
Countdown to Christmas
Clam Shell Quilting--easy with the ruler, but a bit tedious!

For the first time, I used this batting that Jo Morton swears by for all her quilts.
It's very thin and light and drapes nicely.
After washing, it crinkles up the quilt for an antique look.
The batting came from JoAnn Fabrics online-I would definitely use it again.

Labeled too!
I bet you thought: egad! There's that Thimbleberries holly toile again!!!
Nope--this one's from Clothworks!
 One more day to go!


3 comments:

  1. Two great Temulca quilts. Love the fabrics in the 12 Days of Christmas especially in the beautiful border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely Christmas quilts. I hope you had a lovely Christmas. Ours was very relaxing, at my parents house with my brothers, their partners and all our kids. It was a lovely warm day in Australia too. Hope yours was sunny at least!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 12 days of Christmas are from Christmas until Epiphany on Jan. 6. So day 1 is Christmas, day 12 is Jan. 5, and then Epiphany!

    ReplyDelete