Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Amazing Monday!

On opportunity to take a class from Karen K. Stone this Monday fell into my lap last Friday (thanks Susie!) and I am so thrilled that I was able to do it. 
You probably are aware that Karen is the Queen of the New York Beauty block and you can see a lot of her quilts on Pinterest--a good board is HERE 

I will show what we actually worked on in class another day, but today I wanted to share some little peeks at some of her work. 
Her creativity and workmanship is amazing! 
This is a detail from her latest ribbon winning quilt.
The diamonds were English paper pieced by machine--a technique that she will be detailing in an upcoming book.
You can see the whole quilt HERE
Reptile Wisdom: First Place Traditional Pieced

The double points on this one she accomplished by "tucking" in fabrics.
I'm not sure how that works, but it is stunning!

Reverse applique by machine.

Raw edge applique leaves with ribbon stems.

I love these clam shells.

More reverse applique (upper left) and fun quilting. The double binding is cool too.
She does all her fun quilting on a domestic machine. 
I don't want to overload a post with too many photos, so this is to be continued........

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh lucky you~ can't wait to see what you do in class...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome opportunity. When I was program chair for our local guild, I had Karen come for a program. It was a real learning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! So much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky, lucky you! Karen has such colour confidence. I bet you are going to really enjoy this workshop! Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing quilts. You are going to have a good time. Lots of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete