Friday, January 9, 2015

Stitch Therapy Sneak Preview


If you are familiar with my blog, you know that I have a little group called Stitch Therapy.
 Each year we focus on one project.
Ta-da!
I finally chose this year's project--Sophie's Garden from Cottontales.

Cotton Tales Taupe Sampler Pattern Sophies Garden Wool Applique Japanese Taupes
I borrowed this image from Pam's website HERE.
It's a beautiful design done in wool applique with lots of interesting piecing. 


Of course, my version has lots of blue--teal actually.
I started with the "Sophie's Stars" then made all the four inch elements.
I have some tricks to make the piecing easier that I will share in class, so don't feel intimidated!
 
I love the houses--one brick and one stone!

The applique backgrounds are pieced too--every other block.
We pulled together a fun selection of fabrics including taupe's, prints, and batiks. 


There will be kits available for this version, as well as the pattern, at Colorz Quilt Shop.
The meetings will start in April--third Monday of the month! 

 One of the best things that happens in our group is seeing each person's take on the project--I can see Sophie's Garden done in pastels, bright batiks, "country" colors with lots of plaids--on and on...
It's going to be a FUN year!!

2 comments:

  1. oH THIS WILL BE SUCH FUN TO SEE EACH PERSON'S "TAKE" ON THE PATTERN...HUGS, JULIEROSE

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a gorgeous quilt!! You'll all have fun working on it over the year.

    ReplyDelete