Friday, February 13, 2015

Fail!

No, my cleaning adventure is not finished. 
In fact, as what usually happens, it has snowballed into a total room blitz.
Since these were in the way, and I was afraid of losing them, I finished sewing up the remaining blocks for my Hunter's Star quilt. A few of the white pieces were missing, necessitating sorting my white on white fabrics. I had to substitute a close match, which is okay since the blues are all scrappy. 

I'm sure now that these have all been sewn, that the missing pieces will turn up--isn't that always the way it goes?

I've joined a four patch swap inspired by the APQ quilt-along.
I need to make 450 units, so hopefully I did the math correctly and cut 60 light strips and 60 dark strips. 

I've sorted them into sets of 2 lights and 2 darks--now whenever I have a few minutes I can sew a few together. I need sets of 15 matching, which I should easily get from my WOF strips. I'll set aside my extras for another project. 
I guess that's enough procrastinating--back to cleaning!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm cleaning up in my sewing room too :-) Cutting up the scraps into useable pieces...lots of 2" squares for 4 patch blocks. I wonder if I'll ever deal with the magazines :-o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find cleaning up my sewing room means finding far too many distractions!!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! A gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do! :-)
    Love your fabric selections for the quilt-along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you clean. Fun blue and white blocks and some good fabrics for your swap. Keep cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suffer from the same weaknesses when tidying up my studio!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great time of year for cleaning and organizing, isn't it? I worked on my space a few weeks ago, and cut scraps today. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.

    ReplyDelete