Sunday, May 29, 2016


I'm not sure if it was the cellulitis infection or the medication I had to take to clear it up, but it seems the "write-side" of my brain shut down for a while. Lesson learned: be very careful treating small cuts and bug bites! Thank goodness for the nurses in my life--thanks again Miriam and Nancy!
I'm going to try to get back to blog posting after a month of avoiding my computer--here goes:
At least I didn't lose my sewing mojo! My May UFO, Devils' Claw, is complete--yippee!

It's probably difficult to see the quilting, but I used my clam shell ruler to quilt the top with an orange peel design.
I had intended to just do a simple meander, but somehow this design won out and I'm really happy with how it looks on all that piecing.

Look at all the pink prints I was able to use up on the back--yay!
(More room for incoming fabrics!)

This was a really fun one to make--labor intensive, but worth it (except for those pesky square in a square segments!). And it was a good way to use lots of those fat quarters that seem to pile up. The pattern is from the book Civil War Remembered by the Country Threads ladies.
(Yes, I still need to get those bedding plants in the ground!)

At least I get to check another UFO off my 2016 Finish-A-Long list

I would say I've been hard at work on the three inch blocks for Lisa's Flower Garden, but really, these aren't work. They have been very addictive and so much fun to stitch. 

I only have nine of them left--perfect for some Slow Sunday Stitching!
Linking with Slow Sunday Stitching HERE
and One Monthly Goal HERE
Slow Sunday Stitchinggrab button for RedLetterQuilts2016 button 250 best

Monday, May 2, 2016

Catching Up and May UFO hopeful...

My May UFO One Monthly Goal candidate:
Devil's Claw!
One of my goals at Quilt Camp was to get my Devil's Claw blocks sewn together. I was kind of dreading it because of all the matching that would need to be done, but it went together without too much trouble. Thankfully, the way the blocks were pressed on the back made them nestle together very nicely! Now if I can get the backing sewn up (using chunks of my Kim Diehl stash) and the binding made (blue, of course!) this will be put on the quilting machine ASAP.
I think just an edge to edge design will be best for this one--it's so busy, I don't think anything fancy would show up--what do you think? 

I'm supposed to keep my leg "still" while it heals, so that rules out my walks and gives me lots more time to sit at the machine and sew! These are the Clue Nine blocks for the ThimbleCreek mystery.  

And these are the Clue Ten blocks! We're done!
Now the wait for the finishing instructions begins--maybe there will be checkerboards???
 It's going to be hard to wait to see the solution to this mystery! 

My little Temecula Circa 2016 blocks are up finally up to date.
 I love the tiny churn dash blocks--a whole quilt of the them would be very cute....hmmm...

I'm really loving the Let It Snow blocks from Buttermilk Basin.
They have been a lot of fun to stitch and it's hard to wait a whole month for the next block! 
Another finish from my 2016 Finish-A-Long list: 
 My little Temecula Summer InstaSewalong--yay!
 I had started hand quilting it and was forced to give up on that idea when my wrist told me to stop (seeing the doc on Wed. for a cortisone injection!). I really wanted to get this one finished so I could use it on my bedside table,
The machine stitching between each row was done with silk thread--it's pretty much invisible and gives each row a little puff. This was on my list of 2Q Finish-A-Long, so I'm making a little more progress on those goals.

Now to catch up on the 365 Challenge blocks--yes, I've fallen behind again...

Linking with One Monthly Goal HERE
grab button for RedLetterQuilts grab button for A Quilter's Table