Sunday, February 26, 2017

Slow Stitching and a Special Link

I hadn't planned to link up with Slow Stitching Sunday this week since I'm sure everyone is feeling wooly hexie fatigue, (I know I am--lol!) but I wanted to share a temporary link that will answer lots of questions about them.
I just started the final section last night--yay!The designer of these Stitching Society hexagons, Amy McClellan, was recently featured on The Quilt Show. You can watch the episode for free for the next couple days by following this link:
http://thequiltshow.com/watch/show-list/video/latest/2004-into-the-woods-we-go-embroidery-with-whimsy-in-stitches?artist_coupon=20020212

This link is now closed!! 

Don't wait--it won't be a live link for long! It's a fun episode--you won't want to miss it is you love wool applique! There's also a lesson on big stitch quilting by Sarah Fielke.
(If the link above doesn't work, try it directly from Sarah's website HERE)

My February Primitive Garden block is finished and I plan hope to prep block six ASAP. 

These are my first five blocks so far. I'm working from a kit, so I haven't really made any fabric decisions of my own. Even though the kit is ten years old, I am  still happy with all the fabrics.
I'll be back to stitching wool hexagons tonight--I'm not sure if I will watch the Oscars or record them, but the stitching is a sure thing!
Linking with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching HERE 

18 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed watching The Quilt Show episode. I didn't realize the pattern for your beautiful wool hexagon quilt was created by a lady in Orem and the owner of "American Quilts. Makes me want to venture down there. I also enjoyed the Sarah Fielke part of the show where she shared her big stitch quilting. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the link! I'm going to try wool applique one of these days - I'm starting to accumulate wool scraps in different colors with that goal in mind.
    Those sunflowers are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Primitive Garden blocks are beautiful. I love those birds! This will be a wonderful quilt when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up for the quilt show. Too late tonight but will try to watch it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the quilt show. It was fun to see wool done in these hexies. I loved her whimsy quilt also. I have listened to Sarah on a podcast, but was nice to see her big quilts in "person". An enjoyable time on a Sunday night. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Primitive Garden blocks.... such a pretty design. Thank you for the link... I'm off to have a look at it! Have a lovely week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched the show. Excellent! Love the woodland creature blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How large is your woolly hexie project with them all sewn together?
    Thanks for the link--I hope I can get it watched before it goes away. : )
    Your applique looks flawless! That is a very involved block, and you have done it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That watering can block is gorgeous! The fabrics all look great to me too, not dated at all. There's enough interest in that block to stand alone as a pretty mini... hmmm. It's all looking great, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I watched the show last week I remembered that was the designer for your wonderful hexie quilt. Your quilt is still one of my favorites. Sometimes it's nice to do a kit and just enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never tire of seeing your hexies. And I love the Primitive Garden blocks. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just spent a lovely time watching the clip you linked to.Thank you so much for suggesting that. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both of these wool projects are Gorgeous!
    You stitch so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had forgotten about Amy being on this episode of the Quilt Show - I'm SOOOO happy you reminded me because it was awesome! Her shop is about 40 minutes away from me - such a talented gal!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never feel fatigued hearing about hand stitching of any kind :)
    I love seeing your updates! Gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the appliqued hexagons and your Primitive Gardens quilt is just beautiful. I made that one also a few years ago. It is one of my favorites and I love the backgrounds you choose as well as your wool selections.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your quilting...lurk your blog all the time. Thanks for sharing the link, Amy is a nice discovery. As I do not live in Utah, I await the release of the Woodland Whimsy pattern with eagerness. Neame

    ReplyDelete